TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREXHUNTERS View Post
Help,
(1) We have a problem with our lower shell shutting properly. The other shell opens and shuts pretty easily. The lower (bathroom side) neither opens or closes very easily. The worst problem is that one side is very difficult to latch. I have to pull/or push the shell toward the middle while my wife stands on the bar/rectangle to get it to latch. It usually takes a while. It doesn't look like the shell goes in far enough as the latch barely reaches the catch.
Are you leaving bedding on the bed? The rear shell has very little clearance and will not close properly if thick bedding is left in place.

Quote:
How do I adjust this? It seems like I may need to adjust the torsion system more on one side than the other.

(2) The 2nd problem is that the small door frame piece (left side looking at the door) that fits into the groove on the shell does not fit. One of us has to lift the shell (1/8 inch) to be able to jam the door frame piece into place.
That usually indicates the front shell needs a slight height adjustment. You will notice that the torsion bars terminate into the rectangular (white) support bar. At that point are 4 small screws holding the white support arm in place. Mark the current location of the white support bar on the torsion as a point of reference. Using a support (2 x 4 on top of a hydraulic jack or car jack) placed under the shell and parallel to the white support arm, loosen the 4 bolts and carefully tap down with a rubber mallet on the curved part of the torsion bar. Put some upward pressure on the jack as you hit down on the torsion bar. You should find that 1/8 to 1/4 inch increase in height will be enough to allow the door jamb to fit properly. Do be careful swinging the rubber mallet as it will tend to bounce into the side wall of the box denting the aluminum skin.

Quote:
(3) Actually the 3rd problem is an interior problem but maybe it's related. The bathroom door does not fit well after set-up. The bottom is close but the top is totally outside of the frame.
I don't think this is related to the shell problems. The top half of the bathroom slides in and out (slightly) from the bottom. It sounds like you haven't pushed the top half towards the outside bathroom wall before snapping the latches together.

Quote:
Any ideas on how to make the adjustments to fix these fit issues would be greatly appreciated.

I hope I can get back online in the next day or two.

thanks!
Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote