TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
HappyWDWCampers

Default Repair advice...

Ok, so yesterday we found an AWESOME deal on a used TM -- one of those deals that is sort of a no-brainer and despite wanting to wait until next year, you go for it now! So last night we brought our new-to-us TM home. The kids were "camping" in it all day as it was plugged in while it sat in the driveway. They ate their lunch in it while I cleaned it up. During my cleaning I was able to do a more detailed inspection of it. I found a couple things that need fixing.

The vinyl floor has some tears -- I assume from things shifting while being transported. We plan to get some glue, fasten them down and then put the carpet remnant from our new carpet under things while driving.

I found that around one of the wheel wells I can see daylight. I think we can safely by the expanding foam insulation and shoot that in the hole and be done with that.

A piece of trim is loose in the wardrobe. A little wood glue and a clamp... wait a few hours and that will be fixed.

There is a broken bracket thingy on the freezer door. I shoved it back in and it seems to be holding... not sure what to do about that.

Some of the white gaskets have places where they don't 100% touch the mattress... I am assuming this is par for the course... I just hope a bee does not come in because the kids will panic!

Here are the big ones that I have questions (and pictures) for:
On the back bed, the gaskets are baffling me. When I lifted the fabric to wipe down the gaskets, I could see the ground below. I folded the gasket under on one side to fix it but found the other side harder to fold and wondered if they are supposed to be up not down. See my pictures... the first one is the way it came, the second one is how I tried to fold it under...

And finally our biggest concern is in the tub. When I moved the shower curtain to clean the tub I found a decent sized crack in the "surround" where it meets the wall. (see picture) we are planning on caulking it and think that should do, but our concern it whether our weight standing in there will cause the crack to grow. Any opinions on this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3311.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	3835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3310.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	3836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3309.JPG
Views:	135