TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

RotorWash -

That's a good diagram and text that you provided. Just to be clear, does the spark jump downward, from the end of the electrode to the notched metal area where the gas exits? Or does it jump upward, into the thermocouple area? I think that "down" is the correct answer, but my TM is closed and in storage at the moment.

I agree that the Norcold diagram (Art00955) is pretty poor, but I think I've figured it out. The number 3 in a circle has two arrows associated with it. The long one, extending from the number 3, points to the top of the gas tube just to the right of the notched area where the gas exits. The short one points to the bottom of the burner electrode. Between the tips of the arrow is the gap. However, I believe that the spark must not jump the gap at the location of the arrows. It must jump from the tip of the electrode (which is buried in the flame) to the notched area. Do you agree?

By the way, although the diagram Art00955 is on page 18 of the manual, the text that discusses it is way back on page 8. I wish Norcold wouldn't do that.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote