TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
drkilware

Post 1st Timer Getting Ready for a Month on the Road

Here goes!

I am planning to hit the road for a month starting on/about 20July. I am likely to buy my TM (3023/3124) before I leave (or get it from The Car Show in Colorado Springs on my trip). I had been planning on going hotel/motel to hotel/motel but have really begun to realize that a TT/RV is probably better for what I want to do now and in the future.

I will either be traveling with my girlfriend or going solo with my two 10 yr old Labs. Its been 5 years since my last vacation not counting trips to the middle east desert, a former Soviet republic and conventions. I am looking forward to really being away.

My trip will carry me from my homestate of Oklahoma to (roughly in the following order) texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, texas and home. The goal is to visit every US man-made and natural wonder west of the Mississippi (except the Gateway Arch). My schedule is fluid and if I don't get them all this time there's always the future.

First, how necessary are reservations for campgrounds? Are they likely to be available one to two days in advance? (I realize that Yellowstone is out of the question)

Second, I'm one to take on an adventure but am I setting myself up for a disaster?

Third, anyone have any suggestions?

I am glad I found this site and will soon become a sponsor.

Thanks for all the info previously posted and in advance for the info to come.

Ted
Boomer Sooner!