TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
mkiley

Talking Please help me double-check my TV

Hello Folks,

First-off, a thousand thank-yous to everyone that contributes on this forum. I am new to trailers and this site is a big reason why I am a soon-to-be TM owner!

For background sake: I'm traveling to Arizona from Colorado to check-out the used 2720 I am planning on purchasing. I have about a day in AZ to check-out the trailer (using checklists found on this site), complete the transaction, and then I need to return to CO as soon as time permits (while staying safe, of course).

I have done my best to do my homework using other posts, but I would sure appreciate it if I could double-check what I have done thus far to prepare my 2005 Honda Pilot as a tow vehicle (with the understanding that there is some debate as to the worthiness of a Pilot as a TV):

1. Installing Honda Tow Package at a Honda Dealer, including hitch hardware, harness, transmission cooler, steering cooler, 2" hitch ball (Honda requires this package to keep the warranty. Kind of a Tony Soprano situation, but what can you do). $1300 installed (ouch!).

2. Bargman 7 prong connector: I'm stumped on this one. The dealer says the harness will be "generic", where can I buy the actual TV Bargman connector?

3. Hitch Bar: this may be a little tricky. I understand the 2720 is about 19 inches at the tongue, but I don't yet know the height of my hitch ball. Worst case, I have to buy a different hitch bar in AZ, I guess.

4. Weight Distribution: I'm planning on buying the Reese round bar 1,000lb WDH at someplace like Camping World. From other posts and the user manual, this seems relatively easy to install, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Brake Controller: Tekonsha Prodigy, to be installed in Denver (Windish Rv Center) for $330 parts and labor.

6. Mirrors: McKesh Mirrors, ordered online at http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html for about $150 with shipping (with convex mirrors).

My wallet cringes when I ask this, but what else do I need to pick-up our 2720?

Thanks,

- Mike
mkiley is offline   Reply With Quote