TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Where to put kitty's litterbox?

There were some threads here a while back (but I can't find them now) asking where to put the litterbox. After spending a couple of weeks with our old cat (she's limited to the floor, can't get up onto anything anymore), and having her constantly underfoot (imagine 4 people and a cat in a 2720), I decided that the best place for her kitty area would be somewhere where she could kind of "hole up" and have her own little space.

We removed the existing panel from under the door side of the bench seat of our 2720, bought a 1/4 " 2' x 4' oak panel, and cut a hole in it for kitty to get in and out of the area under the seat. There is plenty of room for her litterbox under there, and also enough room for her to have her own bed space. We'll eventually stain it and add a door on hinges. Taking the existing panel off was quite a chore because I wanted to keep it intact in case we wanted to put the original panel back on, what with the glue and all. We'll see how she likes it on our next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC270116.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	883