TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default Yamaha EF1000iS and 3-wire circuit analyzer

I recently purchased a Yamaha EF100iS to use to recharge the batteries while boondocking. I have used it to run lighting and a drill, but have not yet plugged the Trailmanor into it.

If I plug the 3-wire circuit analyzer I use on power posts when camping into the generator, I see 2 green lights and an orange light; a correctly wired receptacle will show 2 green lights and an unlit one.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11398 is a discussion re a Honda generator that produced an open ground in the TM, and Bill pointed out that the Honda manual gives a reason for it. An open ground on my analyzer is indicated by unlit, green, unlit configuration. The OP did not mention plugging an analyzer into the generator, so I do not know what that would have produced to compare it to what I am seeing.

I questioned a tech at the dealer about the situation and got a vague "I think it's OK" answer. I cannot find anything about this in the manual.

I am inclined to assume that it is correct, especially since the light configuration is not one of the listed faults and I think that Yamaha knows what it is doing.

I would appreciate any thoughts. Is the light configuration on the analyzer correct? If I plug the TM into the generator, should I see an open ground?

Thank you for your help.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote