TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
BabyTM

Question Gap between two roof pieces when closed?

Hi, I have a question. We just bought a 1999 2720 SL. When we closed our 2720 SL, it appears that there is a gap between one roof and the other, we are afraid that it will leak. Any ideas on what the problem is?

We must This a 1999 2720SL for $3,500.00. It is dirty, but otherwise in good condition. We will open it up again next weekend to start cleaning and accessing any other damage. Did we get a good price???

Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
camp2canoe

If the unit is in reasonable shape I think you got a GREAT deal. That gap may or may not present a leaking problem - give it a quick garden hose test and you'll know for sure. More importantly, it may be that a simple adjustment will fix the problem. Consider posting a photo on this site and I'll bet you will get a dozen suggestions. Welcome to the TM family! - camp2canoe
Old 02-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
mtnguy

Baby TM,

I just deleted a previous message on this thread regarding the gap between shells while closed, but I thought it was while open. The closed gap adjustment can be adjusted a lot more easily than if you had a problem between the shells while open, so I will see if I can find an old thread on this to post here.

If you got a 1999 2720sl for $3500, and that is the only problem with it besides being dirty, then IMHO you got a great deal. Can't be any dirtier than mine when I got it.....1 side was even green with moss/algae growth.

Chap
Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
mtnguy

OK, my searching is not the best, so I couldn't find anything.

I have adjusted the closed gap between my shells by adjusting the front shell latch (not the corner latches, but the 2 latches on each side near the middle). With the shells in the raised position, you need to loosen the 2 screws on the latch, and move the latch towards the rear of the TM, so that it will pull down the front shell further when closed.

Of course, your local TM dealer could help you with this also.

Chap
Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Here is one - post #5 about halfway down this thread.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6647

There is a bit more here, though I'm not sure it is applicable.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=4828

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
BabyTM

Thanks a bunch! We will try doing that this weekend if possible. Some of the curtains are missing. Can I buy somewhere or am I gonna have to sew these???? I'm not good with crafts. Any advice? I will post pictures as soon as possible. Thanks for the welcome.. We've had all sorts of RV's Class A, Class C, Travel Trailers, Pop Ups, Tents and now a Trailmanor! We are happy because it fits on the side of our house with no problems!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
BobRederick

Newbie,

My shells drifted appart and I had them adjusted by The Car Co in Colo Springs 2 summers ago. They worked on the latches and actually replaced one with a shorter one to pull them together. My 3325 has one latch on the roof for the passenger side.

I am quite certain that the gap formed because my tires were out of balance, so be sure to have yours balanced.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
bso8870

Did you happen to buy this unit in south florida?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

The latches that sit towards the middle of the TM can be adjusted to close the gaps. If the latches are broken contact Ed at TM. I don't remember how much they cost but it's not a lot. I bought one from the factory last spring. Same thing for curtains. Contact Ed a TM.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #10
BabyTM

Thanks to all who posted. Yes, we bought this TM in south florida. And yes, we were able to adjust the latches on the sides of the trailer and got a great snug fit. The people who had TM before did not take care of it nor make any necessary repairs. We have plenty of work to do.