TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Al-n-Sue

Unhappy Yellowstone NP - Fishing Bridge - NO ELEC!

We just got a call from Yellowstone Central Reservations to inform us that Fishing Bridge campground no longer has electrical hookups. The water and sewer are still in place, and they have some designated sites for generator use (8 am - 8 pm). The plan is to upgrade the campground to handle the bigger rigs (50 amp service), but until then they will have no electricity available.

We are planning to be there the week after Labor Day 2010. We have to decide do we want to stay in the middle of the park and see if we can borrow a generator, or stay outside the park with hookups and drive 30-40 miles each way to do any activities.

I have two almost new 6 volt golf cart batteries, so we could probably last several days on a charge if we are conservative. And I may have a friend who has a Honda generator I can borrow.

Suggestions and opinions are welcome.
Alan