TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
Scott O

Default Our First Problem...

On our photo trip to Zion NP last week, the flushing mechanism on our toilet malfunctioned. Maybe someone who knows the internals can lend some advice. The liquid flush from the back works fine, but the flush around the rim does not work at all. My first thought was something has clogged. I refilled the tank with clean water and dumped. Didn't help. I refilled the tank around half full and drove 9 hours with it sloshing around. Didn't help. It is still under warranty, so if disassembly is needed it should be covered. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
On our photo trip to Zion NP last week, the flushing mechanism on our toilet malfunctioned. Maybe someone who knows the internals can lend some advice. The liquid flush from the back works fine, but the flush around the rim does not work at all. My first thought was something has clogged. I refilled the tank with clean water and dumped. Didn't help. I refilled the tank around half full and drove 9 hours with it sloshing around. Didn't help. It is still under warranty, so if disassembly is needed it should be covered. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Since it is still under warranty, let the dealer fix it. You don't want to learn about how to service the Thetford until the warranty has expired... that is early enough to learn about the details of its inards. ;-)

If you're really determined, go to Thetford's website and check out the exploded view and parts list. Thetford is very helpful and will sell the parts directly to you.
http://www.thetford.com/Home/Product...6/Default.aspx
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Scott O

Sounds like good advice Paul... by the way, I love Lake Almanor. Have been going there for over 50 years.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Sounds like good advice Paul... by the way, I love Lake Almanor. Have been going there for over 50 years.
What a co-incidence... we started our married life and raised our family in Huntington Beach until our oldest was to start at Marina High. So we are very familiar with your area, too, although in the 31 years since we moved north it has changed a lot. We were in the southland 3 weeks ago for my 50-year high school class reunion!

The next time you are headed up here, give me a shout... it would be worth a cup of coffee at Almanor Espresso, at the least.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Scott O

As a follow up, we pick up our TM from the dealer (Custom RV in Anaheim, CA...a fabulous place to do business) today. The problem was a tube that feeds water to the bowl had come off. Glad it wasn't something that we did or could easily fix on the road! The service guy said that this was not an uncommon problem with the Thetfords and he just Gorilla glued the hose back on. We are looking forward to years of trouble-free flushing!