TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Default First trip this year

After getting rained out Memorial weekend I'm happy to say I'm headed out early tomorrow morning and headed to Palo Duro Canyon for a long weekend! TV and TM are packed and ready to go. Have been chilling the Fridge all day and I'm going to try Bill's approach of putting food in before I leave and just shutting Fridge off while traveling. I've only got about a five hour drive. Friends from Austin are meeting me there. Should be a fun camping weekend!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Safe travels, Cindy, enjoy !

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
stormpeakco

Default Pdcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottieMom View Post
After getting rained out Memorial weekend I'm happy to say I'm headed out early tomorrow morning and headed to Palo Duro Canyon for a long weekend! TV and TM are packed and ready to go. Have been chilling the Fridge all day and I'm going to try Bill's approach of putting food in before I leave and just shutting Fridge off while traveling. I've only got about a five hour drive. Friends from Austin are meeting me there. Should be a fun camping weekend!
PDCSP is fun but oh, it will be warm.
We've been there two or three times for day trips on the way to visit the in laws. If you've never been before, the paved roads are fairly narrow, twisty and from the entrance down into the canyon will require low low gear and braking for ~5mins. There are a couple of tight turns which aren't a problem unless there is a large vehicle coming up the other way and the paved road runs through some dry creek beds that when full, may become a torrent.

They may have had some flooding with all the the Red River weather a few weeks ago so I hope the whole park is accessible. Caprock S.P. is nearby but we have not visited that one yet. PDCSP is thought of as the second best mtb'g destination in Tejas and it may be crowded.

If you plan on bringing a bike to ride the trails be wary of the hidden mesquite thorns buried in the sand (more like harpoons). By the time I made it back to the car, only about 6 miles, the front tire had 6-8 thorns some 2" long and 3mm at the base and had Stan's slime bleeding from every one (still have the tire with all of the thorns hanging in the mechanical room). Tire, for running tubeless, was ruined (but could have put a tube).

Have fun (if they received a lot of rain, the desert flowers and birds may be spectacular, likely not to NM standards).
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Just got back from Palo Duro...and woowee was it hot and humid. But, had a great time with good friends.

I ran the AC on the coldest setting all weekend. And, one thing I noticed was water running down the side of the TM from the AC. My friends brought their new TT (Jayco) and on theirs they had a little "gutter" for the AC condensation so it didn't just run wherever on the roof and down the side. Was wondering why TM doesn't have this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote