TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
jchmel9719

Default Woodish Woody Looking Wood Material

Like my sliced cheese is called "Simulated Cheese Product," I know that the interior "Woodish Woody Looking Wood Material" is not really wood.

Where can I get matching small sheets of it for a couple repairs?

Jason
Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
RogerR

If you are talking factory flooring you will need the factory to supply you. I doubt they have it from 04 but good luck.

Otherwise, upgrade to new flooring. My brother and I installed real wood snap together flooring and it was easy and nice walk on.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
MisterP

The description sounds like the cabinetry material, which I believe you would have to obtain from the factory if you want it to look the same. It was my understanding they outsource the cabinets but may keep some stock for factory repairs.

Some lumberyards may have laminates that look similar to TM cabinets, but you would have to take part of the existing cabinet to them to compare.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
allenj

I recently repaired the corners of our front top cabinets and the stove cabinet from some deep scratches and gouges where our dog went berserk on a recent camping trip (long story). At your local hardware store, Lowes in my case, you can buy 3/4" or 2" wide strips of oak edge banding, which you apply with an iron to activate the adhesive on the back. I applied this all the way across the edge of the front cabinets and the corner of the stove cabinet.
After trimming, sanding, and staining with a golden oak stain to match our existing cabinet finish, you can't tell the difference from the original unless you know what to look for. I think the whole process took me a couple of hours, mostly in sanding down the rough spots before applying the laminate strips and then the trimming and finish sanding.