TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Wish we could be camping....

Is there anyone besides me who hasn't been camping since last summer? Our last trip was to Lake Almanor in August. We're just too busy and have too many commitments. I want to go camping! The only thing that makes me feel better is how cold it's been here. It was 29.3 degrees last night. I had to cover my newly planted tomato plants.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

We've made a commitment to go camping at least once per month, on average, 12 months a year. We missed one month in the past year, but then we camped twice the next month to make up for it. I feel we are fortunate to make it out that often. While, yes, we do live in Southern California, we rarely camp at the beach as we prefer to avoid the hordes of people. We usually end up in the mountains or the desert, and actually find the winter the nicest time to go. Pristine scenery, no people, and very relaxing. So far, we've been in temps ranging from about 15 to 107 degrees.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Queeniereads

We have been without a tow vehicle for two years next month, so in our city driveway the TM has been snugged up against the garage without a chance of opening it. But wait! We just bought a brand new GMC 2500 truck, and this past Saturday we had a real "holiday" when we pulled our TM out far enough to open it and unpack all the stuff stored in bins. We are booked to go camping each of the first three weekends in May. Can't wait! It was so hard to see it sitting in the driveway for 2 years. Hooray! Queeniereads
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
PopBeavers

For the first three years we went camping once a month from about February through October. This year we have not gotten out yet. Memorial weekend ill be our first trip out.

This trip will require taking two trucks. One to tow the TM and the other to tow the ATV trailer. We bought two ATVs and a motorcycle about 5 weeks ago.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
mgoblue911

Default Jonesing for camping...

We have not been out since last October. Last weekend we took off the Aquashed cover (which performed quite well over the winter, no holes and no readjusting the tie downs, very nice) pulled the TM out of storage, and gave her a nice bath top to bottom. RV Black Streak Cleaner and Mr. Eraser sponges made it gleam like it was brand new.

This weekend we are heading out. Somewhere within a couple of hours of home, but somewhere... I cannot wait.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
This trip will require taking two trucks. One to tow the TM and the other to tow the ATV trailer. We bought two ATVs and a motorcycle about 5 weeks ago.
Sounds like it will be fun. Are you perhaps heading to Pismo?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Wish we were camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Is there anyone besides me who hasn't been camping since last summer? Our last trip was to Lake Almanor in August. We're just too busy and have too many commitments. I want to go camping! The only thing that makes me feel better is how cold it's been here. It was 29.3 degrees last night. I had to cover my newly planted tomato plants.
It is a sunny beautiful day here in Florida and I wish we were out camping too. We have been camping once this year for a Traditionial Archery Tournament. In November my husband had his aortic valve replace with a mechanical one. I found out that I needed surgery in December and my last chemo is this Thursday. So that has curtailed out adventures some. We look forward to the summer and fall though.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
camp2canoe

No camping since canoeing Missouri's Black River last October, but the TM is in the driveway, loaded, ready to leave for Maquoketa Caves State Park in Iowa Thursday after my last deposition. Local conservation officer says the Maquoketa River is too high for recreational canoeing but we're heading out. DW, myself, our 12 year old Labrador Retriever and not yet housebroken Llewellin Setter in a 2619. Watch next week for my posts about carpet cleaning techniques and repair of chewed up trim! - camp2canoe
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
We'll be kinda down your way this coming weekend for a dog Agility trial at Manzanita Park in Castroville (I think it's considered Castroville..or Salinas??).

My favorite show is coming up in 2 weeks in Carson City NV. I love the mountain air and the zephyr winds.

4 dogs (one puppy) and 2 humans in a 2518. Can't we all just get along!

Cheri
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
PopBeavers

Quote:
Sounds like it will be fun. Are you perhaps heading to Pismo?
Nope, Bass Lake.

Last year we went for Memorial Day and had a great time. DW, DD, DS and his SO.

I got all of the girls onto mountain bikes for the first time. DS races mountain bikes and I just ride. We used the truck to shuttle up a dirt road several miles. Even DW with her bad knees can ride a mountain bike when it is downhill all the way. All the girls enjoyed coasting down the mountain with the sights, sounds, smells and critters. Completely different than what happens when you are in a car. You don't get to take it all in.

This year we have added some power toys. There is an ORV park named Miami Creek. Too technical for all but DS. However, I think we will be able to get in far enough to enjoy watching him practice jumping. He can only do about a 30 foot jump on a mountain bike. With a motorcycle he can hit jumps that are bigger than that. He is pretty good at it, and I have some old hospital bill statements to document it.

We will also be exploring the fire roads. My Yamaha WR250R is a street legal dirt bike, so I can go anywhere I want. The two ATVs and DS's motorcycle are not legal for paved roads. They can only be used on the forest service roads and designated ORV areas.

If I had a large toy hauler, then I would only need one truck. But, I have no place to store it except across town. So I will keep the TM in the garage and I can store the ATV trailer alongside the house, behind a gate where it will be out of sight.