TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
2 Trails

Default Walboard in the bathroom

Picked up our new 2720 in February 2006 and now the paper on the wallboard, in the bathroom on the the kitchen sink side, is bubbling up. We have never even taken a shower in there for it to be a dampness problem and don't hang towels on the wall. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Getting it to the dealer is a 4 hour ride

Jim

2006 2720
2003 TRAIL BLAZER
Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

I don't know what would cause this but if it's an air bubble, try sticking it with a pin and then flattening it out.
Cheri
Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
2 Trails

It is flattened out but it is not sticking down
Darlene
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

2-Trails -

I haven't encountered this problem, so I have no experience fixing it. But furniture repairers sometimes have to deal with bubbled veneer. They start with Cheri's pin trick to allow it to flatten, and then they try two things.

You might try ironing the wallpaper down with a warm iron. If there is a heat-activated glue on the back side, it is an easy fix. Do this carefully, of course, to avoid marking the wallpaper. Start with a warm (not hot) iron, and put a piece of white paper between the iron and wallboard.

If that doesn't work, you need a glue-dispensing needle, to inject a SMALL AMOUNT of glue under the bubble. I think you can buy glue in a needle-container from Home Depot, etc. If you can't find it, or if the needle is too coarse to do a nice-looking job, you might try to buy a hypodermic from your friendly local druggist - I think they sell them for diabetics. Explain what you are trying to do, and if he is skeptical, bring a pair of diagonal cutters or wire cutters with you, and offer to cut all but 1/4 inch off the needle right there in front of him. Cutting it will tend to squash the needle, of course, so you may have to open it again with a pin.

Good luck, and let us know what works.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

I have the same problem where the velco is nearest the sink on the front shell. I saw my dealer today, because my awning was was damaged when a tree grazed it during Ernesto, showed him the spot and he is contacting TM for me. He feels the whole wall panel should be replaced. He also said that 1 in 100 of the panels aren't glued properly from the supplier. Lucky me, or us, in this case.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote