TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
lbtexs

Default First Timers

Finally go to take our first trip over Memorial day. Not much of a trip, went about 20 miles accross town. We had done one overnight in the driveway just to check out basics but much different to really do it. DW had lots of trepidation, mainly because we have a yappy yorkie and she was afraid we would be thrown out.
Planned on getting out of work and out early but didn't work that way. Didn't pull out of the driveway until 6:30PM. And pulled out in rain with thunderstorms on the way. DW was ready to forget it. But made it with no problems and set up in the rain and thunder. I got soaking wet but inside TM was perfectly dry. Had a good three days at Oak Grove Park on Pensacola Naval Airstation.
The ususal learning curve. Turned on the AC and then tried to control with the thermostat under the sink. Finally realized I had successfully started the furnace. Forgot a cable to hookup cable tv. Campground host graciously brought me one so DW got to watch O'Reily. Ran the AC the most of the second day with the overhead vents open. But no real issues; everything worked as advertised. Confirmed all the good information from the forum: AC is noisey. Hot water is very hot. Shower is small but usable. No problem and no odor from Thetford toilet. And the yorkie turned out to be pretty controllable. Ready to go again. And thrilled that I was able to find a used TM.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
Rodlin

Default 2nd timers

We did our 2nd trip the days prior to Memorial day with a new Doran RV unit on the stock TM tires/wheels (except for metal valve stems as recommended here and in the manual from Doran). It is wonderful to be able to have far fewer worries about the tires on the TM when you can look at the pressures directly, or be warned if there is a leak or sudden loss of air pressure.

Used the AC for the first time as well, and it does keep you cool. The fridge even with the fan on, was at freezing temps when set at 7:00 on the dial, but otherwise everything works well on the 2720SL.

Next trips are to be short mileage since we live 2-3 hrs or less from 10 or so State or Corps Parks..

This is a very informative group on all manor of info on Trailmanors!

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Now that's a story we love to hear. It mimics mine, and the story of most other folks on the board as well. Worry, trepidation, fear, nail-biting - and then the incredible feeling of relief and pleasure as most things work just the way you hoped they would, and the RV powers-that-be smile on you. Your experience with setting up in the rain was a special challenge, and one that you will never fear again.

Welcome aboard! The trip is a blast!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote