TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
camperboy

Default Stir-up Handles

We saw the new 2004 TMs at the Harrisburg show this past weekend. Saw some new features that I now plan to add to my 1990 M-26 (3023). One of the items on that list are the stir-up type things one the arms into which one can place one's foot to assist in latching the shells. The hardware for this should be available to my local hardware store. S

So my question is this: where on the arms are they located? Distance from corner where the arms turn into the shell when closed would be great. Also, if someone knows, would drilling the appropriate size hole and using nuts, washers and lock washers on both sides of them arm work OK? I think this is they way they were installed on the new models I saw. If I can do this my DW might be able to put the TM down by herself. Right now it takes too much upper body strength to get the shells to latch.

As far as the much discussed bumper storage, it's a nice idea. Prefered the sewer hose in the tubular bumper. Perhaps a carrier could be mounted under the trailer somehow to solve that. Then the new rear bumper would be great. The power cord is fine, but how about detachable like the big rigs. That's another project. ;D ;D