TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #1
momto4girls

Default 2720sl question

One of the two Trailmanors for sale (relatively) close to us is a 2720sl. The TM website says that it will sleep 4, but I know there is no way I'm getting 2 kids on that fold out sofa. My question is this--is there room on the floor beside the sofa to put a cot or air mattress? The sellers say that they have taken grandchildren and slept one on a cot. I just want to double check here for others' opinions on this. It seems like the chair takes up a lot of room--that is my concern. I would love to know the actual dimensions of the floorspace between the sofa and kitchen, but I doubt any of you know that info right off hand. TIA
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I have a 2417 KD, but the dinette is on the slide just as your sofa is on the slide. I believe the slides are the same length.

I have put a cot on the main floor, off of the slide. There is room, if you don't have the chair. Offhand, I believe I have about 4' from the edge of the slide to the end of my 'fridge cabinet. I don't have my chest of drawers with me when I plan to use the cot, so yes, you do lose some storage or seating. But, I also use a camp chair inside, so it can be easily removed.

Good luck! A cot definitely fits in mine, so it should easily fit in yours.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Keep in mind that there is about an inch step between the floor and the slide. With an air mattress you probably would not notice.

What I have thought about is a frame that would sit mostly behind the sofa and below the window but the full width of the upper module or even a bunk bed arrangement

Guess it depends on how big the kids are.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #4
momto4girls

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. The kids who will be camping with us are 15 and 10. So pretty big.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
digditches
Site Sponsor

We recently purchased a 2720SL and took it out for it's "maiden voyage" last weekend. We also plan to take our grandkids in the future. I agree, there's no way two kids will sleep on the sofa. We measured the length of it and it's 60 inches. We have three grands, so we're planning to not take the chair with us when we travel with them and just use a camp chair inside if we need one. One of them will sleep on a mat in the chair area. One will sleep on the sofa. The other will probably sleep in the "hallway" or will squeeze into the chair area.

You can probably fit a twin air mattress in the chair area.
digditches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #6
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by digditches View Post
We recently purchased a 2720SL and took it out for it's "maiden voyage" last weekend. We also plan to take our grandkids in the future. I agree, there's no way two kids will sleep on the sofa. We measured the length of it and it's 60 inches.
Wow--is the sofa really only 60 inches? On the floor plan I could swear it said 70 inches. 60 inches would be barely long enough for my ten year old. hmmm. I might need to rethink this if that's the case.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 AM   #7
jleinbaugh

Take a look at this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...light=bunk+bed
TV Chevy Avalanche V8
jleinbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:47 AM   #8
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleinbaugh View Post
Obviously the above was the path I took, but to answer the original question, there is room in an SL for a cot or air mattress. A narrow thermarest style mattress can go on the step in front of the sofa, a larger "coleman" style air mattress could go on the "living room" floor as long as the recliner is removed. (We removed ours the first day we got the TM. Took up too much floor space for our needs). The two halves of the couch do not line up correctly, so the couch is not the most comfortable in "double-bed" mode; my son sleeps happily on just the "seat" part using a thin thermarest to even out the crack between the cushions, while my daughter tends to go on the top bunk. Sometimes they swap.

Length of floorspace -- I don't have the exact dimensions. I do know that my dog's old inflatable mat just fit between the cabinet and the edge of the step-up when placed the long way, so that's probably ~3 feet. I can measure the pad when I get home. I hope it's that long -- we now have two dogs, need the space!
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:04 AM   #9
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

i have done that before with another couple in our 2720 sl. She was on the bed he was on a self inflating mattress on the floor.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #10
mcollect

An air mattress will fit fine if you get rid of the"recliner" as it is not that comfortable anyway. Porch chairs are more comfortable and can go outside at night.