TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Beak12

Default Lighting the oven

Is there some way to adjust the flame on the pilot for the oven? We can get the oven lighted and use it and it keep the right temp for cooking. But when we are done and turn off the oven we think the pilot should still be burning so we don't have to get down on the floor and use a striker each time.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

On our oven, there is a "pilot" setting on the oven control knob. This is the position you turn the knob to in order to light the pilot. However, if after using the oven you turn the knob to this position, the oven turns off but the pilot remains lit. if you turn the knob all the way off so that knob is in the vertical position, as I presume you are doing on your oven, both the oven and pilot are off.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Beak12

Did it just as you said but the lite still goes out. So we turn it all the way to off so nothing leaks. If Custom RV is at Pismo I will ask them to ck it out.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
tshawah

Default Oven

Still having a major problem lighting our oven in our 2007 TM 2720 SL. We read all the posts but with no success. Probably need a step by step and visual diagram. Not sure if I am doing it wrong or there is a problem with the oven. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. Tom
Old 09-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
Did it just as you said but the lite still goes out. So we turn it all the way to off so nothing leaks. If Custom RV is at Pismo I will ask them to ck it out.
Although it is a hassle to light the oven pilot each time, it may be safer to keep it that way. The pilot light puts out a surprising amount of carbon monoxide and burns available oxygen. That oven is not vented to the outside so all of the carbon monoxide stays and builds inside the camper........not a happy thought in my book.

We have a gas fireplace in our apt and I always turn off the pilot when we aren't using it. Not only does it put off a lot of heat but it makes me light headed when it is on all the time. We really noticed a difference when I turned it off.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
Is there some way to adjust the flame on the pilot for the oven... so we don't have to get down on the floor and use a striker each time.
John -

Well clearly, John, you need to add a piezo spark lighter to your oven! Not a bad project, and certainly better than getting down on the floor every time.

There have been several threads - use the Search tool on "piezo" to find them. Here is one to get you started.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3833

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
PopBeavers

I frequently have a hard time getting the flame at the end of the butane lighter to be in just the right spot to ignite the modest amount of propane that is flowing.

Even though I have purged the air out of the lines to the stove, by lighting all three burners, it still takes 5 to 10 seconds for the propane to get to the oven pilot light. Not sure why.

I only have to hold the button in for about 30 to 45 seconds.

Someday I will add the push button ignitor. I'm getting a little old to be crawling on the floor.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
tshawah

Thanks. I think the push button is a great idea.
Tom