TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Itaricans

Default 1st camping experience

we got our tm 1 yr ago this feb. brand new /05, 2619. drove 4 hrs from platte city mo, to midland rv in arkansas just to take a look at it, and latter to close the deal and to bring it home. and it was all worth it. this is our 1st rv. the very 1st time we were going to go camping, came at the end of march, we have a travel agency through the internet, and we had a convention to go to in fl, ofcourse, we could have taken a plane for almost nothing, but what fun was that? you can`t tow anything with a plane! that`s stupid. we had a brand new rv and a brand new hitch on the van, and we were burning to use them both. so we made reservations at a cg in tnn. to spend the night on the way down to fl, and reservations in fl. we agreed to take our mom with us (my mother in law) and leave her at her sister`s in fl, and agreed in leaving at 5:00 am, we ended leaving at 9am, i still don`t know why. but we made very good time, the tm is very good to tow. we only stop for gas and to eat and at the rest areas, everything quick. and then we got to ky, there was a big accident, with tv crews, ambulances all over the place and a huge traffic jam, and us in the center . when we got to the cg it was really late, and rainning. i did not have an umbrella or raincoat (went on the list) i just openned the trailer and did not bother to unhook it or lower the jacks, i was too tired. i connected everything and when i went to plug in the trailer, the plug did not fit the outlet it said 50 amps. so ok now what am i going to do? well i`ll just use the battery for the lights and talk to the manager in the am. then my lights went out. it was like 1am, so we went to bed, me tired, wet,cold. next morning, i go to the office and complaint that my plug wont fit the outlet, the guy tells me, did you lift the cover on the rear of the pole? that`s where the 30 amps is.well, i felt really stupid i told him, this was my 1st time rvng, so really i din`t know anything about it. i mentioned to him that my lights weren`t working and he checked for me, it was a fuse on the battery line, he had them there, 1.50 for one. i had boxes of them in my tool box, at home. (that went on the list also) from then on, everything went fine, we left mom at her sister, we went to our convention, and latter to d/w. since then i got mckesh mirrors, been back to fl 3 more times, and this april are going to nj. i`ll let you guys know how that goes. but 1 thing is for sure, we love our tm. louie & chris
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Seems like every trip we take, something new goes on our "list"; it's perpetually evolving. I guess it has to do with (1) the experiences we've been through (when you realize that you should have brought along "xyz"), and (2) the kids getting older, so what keeps them happy changes every year.

Glad that you're enjoying your TM!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
rockerga

Sounds like my first trip BUT all in all you did excellent with very minimal happenings and like me they can be chalked-up to "ZERO EXPERIENCE." The "list" for me has dwindled as I have assembled stuff almost daily so even with just two trips under our belt and THANKS TO THIS FORUM we feel ready for anything, just hope it doesn't happen. Like my wife always asks: "What is all that stuff in the TV for?" I just reply to her: "just hope we never need a piece of it!" Just like a first-aid kit; you want it to always be handy but hope to never need it!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
northwest campers

Default Our first weekend in a "06" 2720

We live in the Pacific NW and drove North about 90 miles to a quaint RV campground on Puget Sound.
I must say, pulling the TM is very effortless with a Chrysler Pacifica, this is one of several reasons we chose a 2720.
The TM backs easily into small spaces thanks to a second set of eyes and Motorola.
Had some rain, sun and cooler temps. No leaks, very cozy, heater works great, toilet works well and shower is small but gets the job done.
Still working on a adequate level so door closes smoothly.
Froze some of the food in Refridge because temp setting on 4.5 is really cold.
Windows get a little condensation build-up, but can be expected with cooler temps outside.
Plenty of lights inside and out and bed is much better than an air matress.
All in all, we are very pleased with the TM and our first camp trip. Hope our experience will help future buyers.
Stay tuned for the next adventure in a TM 2720.
northwest campers