TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
cimsue

Default suggestions for Acadia NP's best RV camp?

Any advice on a good RV park real close to Acadia NP? Taking our first extended trip in Sept. through NY-NH and then Maine. WE need full hook-up.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
moaboy

Did you get any good suggestions? Am going there next summer.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
cimsue

no responses yet but did get a few suggestions when entering "Acadia" under Search/Threads. I think we will try Smugglers Den Campground. Will let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
P and B

We'll be there in September. We've stayed at Hadley's point and had issues with the power there and the AC. The nicer sites don't have sewer either. We've stayed at the Narrows Too CG in a pull through when we first got the TM. I think we're going there again but this time we'll spend the money on an oceanfront space. It's the only campground I know of that has full hook ups on the waterfront.

Smuggler's Den got great reviews. It's not on water from what I can tell. We'll be out for a couple weeks so we might go over there after a week or so and give it a try. They now have web access which is important to me because I typically have to work during my vacations.

Let us all know how smugglers Den works out. I think you'll be happy there.

BTW, you should go to the Jordon Pond house for lunch. The lobster bisque, while expensive, is seriously the best I've had anywhere. And the pop-overs...well they're my favorite too.

Enjoy the park. It's a wonderful place.

Phil
Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
cimsue

thanks for the info. We're planning to bike to the Jordan Pond House Rest. on the carriage trails. Can't wait for the lobster dishes.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
dw8ite

My wife and will be leaving Maine tomorrow. Wish we could stay for the full color display. While touring Acadia NP we stayed at "Mt. Desert RV Narrows" RV Resort. The sites at water's edge didn't have sewer, but the full hook-up sites were quite acceptable. It was clean and well managed.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
P and B

We're at the Narrow's Too right now, just before the narrows separating MDI from Trenton. Their waterfront sites have full hookups. Only place we could find with waterfront sites that had sewer. It's expensive but worth it so far. Nice secluded spots and beautiful ocean views.

Phil