TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
CeeWoo

Default Got it out for the 2013 season!

I'm in the Central Part of Washington State and we've been having some unseasonably warm spells for this early in the year. So last Friday, my wife & I busted our 2720SD out of the storage yard and did a little 2 day, dry camp in the Yakima Canyon (only 15 or 20 minutes from our house). I'm always a bit 'anxious' when reopening after storage...did I develop any leaks (it's outdoors under a tarp)? Did any rodents get inside? Well the answer to my questions was "everything seems fine---not even a musty smell". Of course our nights are still getting in the teens on occasion, so I didn't test the water system, but I trust it'll be fine as well. I had filled both propane tanks prior to putting it in storage, and fully charged my batteries last week. They're old and wouldn't take a full charge (yes, I checked fluid levels as well) so they'll probably need replacing soon--but that's to be expected every now and then

Anyhow-got a campsite right on the river (trust me, there was NO competition for sites LOL). Sun was bright & sunny both Friday and Saturday with temps just above 50 degrees...but sitting in the sun I actually changed into shorts during the afternoons. Saw 7 deer on the opposite side of the river and 2 eagles in a tree next to us Sunday morning. Had a nice campfire and enjoyed some adult beverages as well. All in all, a great beginning to this camping season . I hope this weekend is as nice weather wise, the forecast says it will be---and hopefully some bighorn sheep will be viewable + it's a 3 day weekend
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Sounds like a great trip! The weather here has been pretty good, a little chilly at night, but we've had some very nice, sunny days. We try to get out and enjoy the outdoors at least one weekend day a week, but just for an afternoon or at least a couple of hours. We have many beautiful state parks within a short drive from our house, one of our favorites is Pt. Lobos. No eagles around here, but occasionally we spot a great blue heron. We saw one standing on some driftwood floating in Whaler's Cove at Pt. Lobos 2 weekends ago, he (or she?) was a big one! We've never seen two together, they seem to be loners. We also saw two does, one of them looked pregnant, the other one had two little ones with her.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
CeeWoo

We were able to get out again for the 3 day Presidents Day holiday. Got the same site (again no competition for space). Almost identical weather. I hooked up our Mr Buddy heater to a 20 lb bottle (kept outside for safety) so that I wouldn't have to totally drain our battery (low 20s at night) but my extension hose went wonky. I always keep a couple 1 lb bottles available as a 'just in case' backup. So I used the furnace at it's lowest setting and let the mr buddy run on LOW. Started Buddy when we would go to bed and it got us thru just fine On low it seems to burn for about 7 hrs or so

I got a pic or two of the site on my new cell phone...I'll try to post one once I can figure out how to get the pic out of the phone and onto the computer LOL. While sitting in the sun Friday afternoon, my wife commented on how happy she is we got the deal we did on our trailer last year! $5k for the TM and it seems excellent (it had been totaled by a previous owners insurance company due to dents in the roof during a hail storm...but there are no leaks, and everything else seems about perfect )

This weekend has our first forecasts of the year in the 60's, so I might have some competition on the sites BUT-I have to report for jury duty Friday...depending on how that works out, I might have to stay home anyhow.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
kn1ghtus

Default would love to see it!

would love to see it!