View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Before she opened the black valve, she closed the gray valve.
Guess I am not seeing that. The first manipulation of the valves occurs at about 2:35, where "the first step is to pull the inner black handle", which is the toilet valve. At this point, the outer black handle (gray tank) is still closed. Then at 2:40, she goes inside and pulls the handle at the bottom of the toilet. Whoosh! The toilet drains, and she pushes the handle at the bottom of the toilet back in. At 3:15, she closes the toilet drain outside the trailer.

Then at 3:25, she opens the outer black handle under the trailer (the gray tank), drains that tank, and at 3:40, she re-closes that handle.

I'm with her up to there. However, at 3:48, she disconnects the hose from the trailer, without first lifting it to drain it. You can tell it still has liquid in it, and is heavy and hard to handle. She should have lifted it, starting from the trailer end and working toward the outer end, before disconnecting. That would ensure that the hose is empty, light and easy to handle, and wouldn't slosh raw sewage around.

She also puts the slinky hose away without rinsing it, which I always do if there is water handy.

So aside from that gaffe at 3:48, I'm OK with what I see. Am I missing something?

[Edit - upon further thought, I think you have mentally reversed the black and gray valves when viewing the video.]

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote