Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #26
cochise

Default To Bill the Moderator (and others)

First of all, I respect you and the forum, so please respect us too. I did not join to vent, there is not enough space here to do so. However had you been at the receiving end of TM's behavior, I am pretty certain that you would have acted as we. I am fully aware of the help I can expect from TM. - ZIPPO. But for you to say that we are argumentative is not very nice. What kind of documentation do you want from me? Because I have it, both emails, letters and pictures. My furnace installation defies belief. It violates every written and un-written code, City, County, State, Federal and also RVIA, plus it is not conforming to the installation instructions from SUBURBAN MANUFACTURING. As a matter of fact I was told by them NOT to use the furnace until it had been installed per their instructions. 2 Days ago we had a serious fire in Tucson AZ where I live. A travel Trailer burned to the ground, and the occupants are in the hospital with serious burns. What caused it? A gas leak! So this is a serious problem. Compiled with all the other problems we have had I think it is "food for thoughts".
It is also worth bearing in mind that most here if not all members are owners of TM fold-down trailers. We are talking about a brand new product (and new management) at TM. So please bear with me (us), and don't jump the gun. I have personally dealt with TM since September 26, 2009, 4 days after I paid cash for my ELKMONT, and I have been kept as a mushroom. (All darkness and a lot of Horse poop). And if that is not enough, I know of 2 dealers that are authorized Tm dealers, but will not carry the TM product, as they say "there are too many problems with them [ELKMONTS]. So if you want me too I will gladly email you pictures of some or all my problems and emails too. That way you can judge for yourself.
I joined here to see if the general membership had any suggestions to dealing with a TM trailer, don't disappoint me (us) by sweeping us under the carpet. This is something that concerns ALL of us.
If it works, here is a picture of the furnace installation in MY trailer. As can be seen it is crooked and too close to combustible material and not hooked up at all. Do you think that is right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0810.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	4352  
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote