View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Jim, I am going to disagree that $3200 is way too much, or that $2000 is reasonable, if the unit is in very good shape.

Two years ago, I sold our pop-up camper for $1,800. I had lots of calls at that price, and sold it to the first couple that looked at it. It was n '86, 10' canvas pop-up. I have had my TM for two years, and it is many-times over better than a pop-up. Hard sides, insulated walls and roof, more space (the one you are looking at is much larger than mine), etc., etc., etc. There is a minimum amount for any trailer in good shape.

If it has no water damage, no major scratches/dents/damage, and everything is working, $3,000 seems fair. A new unit of that size would run you $30,000+. 10% of a new unit is not unreasonable. Cars also reach a minimum value, when in good condition.

I would suggest finding a way to come up with a bit more money. When we bought our pop-up, it was a stretch for us to come up with $1,000 cash. (Yes, the same one I sold for $1,800.) But, for 10 years after that, my wife was always saying "this is the best $1,000 we ever spent". It will be worth it for you to pay $3,000, if it is in very good condition (no wood rot, no leaks).

Happy shopping!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote