View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
aslag54

From what I have learned the Lemon Law only applies to motor vehicles or in the case of a motor home type of RV it applies only to the engine and running gear not to the living quarters. In the case of travel trailers the Lemon Law doesn't apply but a Lemon Law attorney will go after the manufacture for not honoring the warranty. As long as the selling dealer and or factory is willing and able to correct the factory defects there is not much a person can do. By the way, I would have taken my trailer to the Trailmanor authorized repair facility in my home state but was told by them the factory hasn't reimbursed them for warranty repairs for some time so they wouldn't touch it. They did however call the factory and arranged for them to come get it. It was returned 2 months later with still a long list of repairs needed. The factory said they'd come back in 4 weeks and pick it up but that never happened. That's when I decided to take it back to Custom RV. After reading some positive comments about their work I figured they were better able than the people at the factory to handle the repairs and they are 500 miles closer. Custom RV did do a good job addressing most of the issues but ran out of time even though they had it for 11 weeks. That's why we had to wait 4 hours, they were still working on it when we got there. I would have been okay if Scott had requested more time before I left home, I would have adjusted my schedule. Hopefully he'll arrange to have it delivered this time, I feel he owes me that.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote