View Single Post
Old 09-22-2001, 01:42 PM   #8

Default Re: After Market Tongue Modifications

Hal,

Thank you for the new drawings! They are very clear and detailed. Having the actual dimensions of the tongue with modifications is quite helpful. I'm going to print out the drawings and take them to the lot where I have my 2720SL temporarily stored. Will measure the tongue based on your drawings. I'm curious to see how much can be cut off because of the placement of the propane tanks and spare tire on the 2720SL and the brackets of the weight distribution hitch.

Thanks too for the tip about making sure the trailer is level while stored (and, of course, while in use.) I noticed some bubble levels attached to the outer wall of the trailer. Will use those to make sure it is level when I store it.

When I went to the storage lot today to do some cleaning in the trailer, I looked at the spare tire. I see what you mean about it being a problem when the trailer has a flat. It would be very difficult to get to. Guess I better figure out how to deal with that before I really need to.

Thank you very, very much for the drawings of the tongue modifications. They are great!!! I appreciate your help.

Collette