View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
Bowfreak

Default Fridge question / help

So we have a 2003 2720 SL with a Norco fridge that can run on shore, DC, or Propane. We have always had hook ups when we have used it since purchasing last year with no problems.

We plan on a trip to Colorado in a few weeks and we are staying the first few days were we will be dry camping. We have a generator to recharge the batteries to keep up with lights, radio, etc. And we planned on using the propane for the fridge to reduce the drain to the batteries.

Well today I went out and was going to test the fridge on propane. Opened the tank valves and went through the process of holding the one button down while hitting the striker button several times. While I was striking it and holding the button the flame indicator would go to the green area and stay there as long as I held the right button. Within a few seconds to 20 seconds after releasing it would slowing work back over to the white area on the indicator.

Thought maybe I was low on propane so tried the furnace and it started right up no issues. I tried the fridge several more times with no luck.

So my first question is any ideas where to start?

My next question revolves around running it off DC. I have a 2015 F150 with the tow package and my trailer is set up with 2 brand new group 27 AGM deep cycle batteries ran in parallel. Will I have any issue with driving for 6 - 10 hours and the fridge draining the batteries faster than the tow vehicle can charge as I wanted to run it will driving to keep it cold? And lets say I am very sparing with using lights in the trailer and don't anticipate using much else could I get away with running the fridge off DC while dry camping by charging the batteries for several hours per day on a charger hooked to the generator?

We had planned on moving after the first 3 days to another spot in Colorado and dry camp for several more days but now this has me worried.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote