View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Thanks Dave and Bill;

Bob Eickhoff suggested I contact Tom's Camperland which I did. Unfortunately they are not yet set up to repair TMs. Working on mine would be a learning experience for them. They do not yet have a TM service department. Bob even suggested I might contact my original dealer AZ Campers and Trailers. I have yet to make that contact to find out if they have had any experience with the TM lift system and torsion bars. They stopped dealing with TM for financial reasons back when TM was owned by others but I have had some service work done by them recently (wheel bearing and brake service).

I have already looked at the four bottom strut bolts with the TM shell up. They are all as tight as I can make them with a 12" wrench. The torsion bar bend appears to start just below the bottom set of bolts. It appears to be straight as it passes between the top and bottom bolt sets. I can't be sure until I lift the shell and strut up off the torsion bar stub. I'll wait until I have the new parts before I undertake that part of the investigation.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote