Thread: Roof slope?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
Is this normal?
I don't know if its normal, or not, but mine is like that. I have a 2005 3023. Mine spent a winter, opened, at my cousin's house, while they were waiting to get their occupancy permit on a new construction home. Legally, they couldn't stay in the home without it, but the town was slower than cold molasses issuing the permit. So for appearances, the TM was there as if they were living in it. Unfortunately, this was a winter we had 22 feet of snow, and he didn't necessarily keep the roof clear. My front shell is creased in two places, most likely from the weight of snow on the roof. The back shell sags as you described. I battled water leaks for a while, mostly at the front of the a/c, and rear of roof vent right in front of the a/c - both places on the front shell. Last year I pulled all the caulking and sealed all the roof seams with Eternabond tape. It's not pretty, but it works.

Look for water stains at top of curtain & valance on the rear window - if the back shell leaks, water will usually run down the trim along the center roof line and dribble down on the valance & curtain.