View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #61
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I love the idea of panels, and that's certainly the route I would go before ever getting a genny. But so far, we've never run out of power with our Trojan T-105s, even with generous heater usage.

Dave
We went from the end of April last year until the first part of September without shore power. With a single marine deep cycle, not best for the service, I swapped it out about every 7 to 10 days. I have a second I charge in the TV while exploring the back roads. With the temps last year an O2 cool fan ran almost 24/7. The other major usage was LED lights and the famous toilet. The heater was only run 3 times for about an hour a day. The solar panels are being added primarily for western trips like this year. East coast NPS and USFS campgrounds tend to be pretty shady. We don't carry a genny, just can't stand the noise of even a quite one.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote