View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
Gwenne & Len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
We have heard wonderful things about New Mexico and are thinking of spending a few weeks there this spring. We love camping in natural surroundings and are considering getting an annual pass for their state park campgrounds. I have done a little research and they have lot of them but many look like reservoir lake boating/fishing kind of setups. We are more into hiking sightseeing areas. Would love to hear recommendations from anyone that have favorite places to camp and things to do in that area!!!!
We spent a week in Santa Fe (at the KOA - I prefer full hook ups!) last spring. LOVED IT! We toured the pueblo in Taos, and it was very interesting. There is a campground in Taos where we would most likely go next time....south of town, on a river. We went to the Tent Rocks and loved it, also to Bandelier - both very worth while. We also went to Chaco Canyon - years ago. I don't remember the road conditions, but we took the wagon ride down into the Canyon, so no hiking. I do remember that the campground looked very dry and dusty. We would go back to Santa Fe in a heart beat if we weren't 2000 miles away.....we only spent one day in Santa Fe proper, and there are great museums that we missed.
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote