View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
br2_wdc

Default Purple Line Trailer Mover to the Rescue ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
One aspect that convinced me to get a TM was the amount of help available here. If you have any amount of DIY skills, some one around here has a fix for just about anything that could go wrong. The only downside about this site is that it keeps adding to my wish list of things to upgrade.

br2: You must have one heck of a garage! I can't even get my 2720 in my garage.
First, I agree 100% that I should have added this Forum as a "5th" reason to get a TM; no question the information I received here gave me everything I needed to pull the trigger on our 3023 (which had to have the swing out hitch as you will see shortly).

In terms of my garage, I may someday publish a book on what it took to get my 3023 in the garage, but to summarize: I vastly underestimated my ability to use our tow vehicle to maneuver a 3000 lbs TM into my 21 foot deep garage with only 3" of leeway front and back, and 5 inches either side, and 5 inches on top; oh yeah, I also have a steep driveway

I would prefer not to say how many times my poor neighbors saw me attempt to back the TM into my garage, but suffice to say given the extremely small margin for error I could not get it in.

Numerous TM Forum members mentioned a powered trailer dolly as a solution, which I looked into, but when a member mentioned a sale on Purple Line trailer mover I jumped, had it installed, and was finally able to get my trailer in the garage. Not the cheapest solution, but truly may have been the only solution for my situation.

I did a quick search and found the link to the YouTube Video which describes how it works:

https://youtu.be/YLPkDWSMuwM
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote