View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoni View Post
Hello, we have been Rving for about 20 years, currently have a toy hauler we bought new and converted to studio apt type set up. I always wanted a trail manor or hi lo. Have seen a couple of 3124KS to kinda get some inside size relation. Has anyone went from standard type Rving to TM and increased their trips and enjoyment. Our trips usually are 3 months and 8500 miles. I'm trying to improve the total trip including towing these miles. There are only two of us and the tow vehicle is not a consideration. Any advice you have on models to look at, and any experiences you have had changing to TM would be greatly appreciated.
There are 4 main advantages to move from a regular Travel Trailer (TT) to a TM:
1. Low Profile: A regular TT is like pulling a billboard; the TM has a much lower profile, which saves on gas and reduces sway.
2. Reduced Weight & Length: My 3023 is a 30ft long trailer that folds down to 22' 8", fits in my garage (with swing out hitch) and weighs a little over 3000 lbs - please tell me anywhere on the planet I can get a TT that matches those numbers.
3. Hard sided 3 season capable: With a strong A/C, furnace, and hard sided protection, you are protected from essentially every type of weather short of heavy snow.
4. Camp Anywhere: National park with no hookups? Huge campground with all the amenities? Everything in between? The TM with a battery, recirculating toilet, and water tank enables you to camp ANYWHERE.

The biggest down side to the TM for me is the setup/taking down; that adds about 15-30 minutes to your setup/take down times. For me, that is a small price to pay for the advantages.

One scenario that may make sense is to purchase an older TM with a lower entry cost that meets your needs to try it for a season or two, to see if it works for you; if it doesn't, TM's in good condition hold their value.

Good luck with your decision ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote