Thread: How Bad Is It?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 11:56 AM   #9
Larry_Loo

Default Re: How Bad Is It?

Oilspot,
Our 1999 3124KS cost us $12,780 plus tax and license fee. It came in good condition. Within a year's time I had to change the velcro hooks on the walls, buy a new battery and fix one of the front shell's holddown locks - wear and tear tasks. I recently finished modifying the square-cornered wheel wells to rounded wells and installed a second lock on the upper half door. Happytrails' observations about pocket stops made me wonder whether or not we have missing pocket stops on our front shell. I'll have to look into that. I think that TMs require more maintenance than conventional trailers because of their folding feature - for most of us, however, it's worth the maintenance to have a trailer that tows almost effortlessly! So you see, even if you purchase a new TM, you can count on doing some maintenance jobs on it within 2 or 3 years.  

One of the web sites that used to have a lot of TrailManors listed was "RV Trader Online." In the past I found that this site might have as many as a dozen TMs listed (many used) in various parts of the U.S. It may be worthwhile for you to search this site from time-to-time as well as others that David Lee might suggest. The url of RV Trader is:

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/index.html

After you get to its home page, click on "Search" in the column at the left of the page. Then type in TRAILMANOR (all capitals worked best, I found) in the blank field for "Manufacturer." Click on the button "Begin Search" without filling in any of the other fields. This afternoon there were 2 TMs listed - one is a 1999 30' TM (probably a 3023) in Florida and an older model. The ad for the 1999 3023 instructed you to phone the dealer for the price.

We all wish you success in finding a good TM at a reasonable price!