View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Default National parks visited and favorites

After we retired and started traveling we have visited a number of national parks and have plans to see a few more. We especially like the hiking in Utah parks and the wildlife in Yellowstone. I think we loved each one for its own reasons but I put a * by the ones we found special enough to return to or will return to. We will be going to Glacier National Park this summer and would love to hear about other parks people have visited and found memorable.

National Parks visited

Acadia National Park (spectacular scenery and hiking)*
Arches National Park (unique scenery and short hikes)*
Badlands National Park
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
Bryce National Park (spectacular scenery and hiking)*
Canyonlands National Park (been to north and south, liked south best it has spectacular scenery and hiking) *
Capitol Reef National Park (spectacular scenery and hiking)*
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Crater Lake National Park
Grand Canyon National Park (north rim)
Grand Teton National Park (we usually camp in Lizards tail when visiting Yellowstone, the campsites are bigger and less crowded; it is a two for one deal) *
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Mesa Verde National Park (I liked this park a lot more than I thought I would and think about it often) *
Redwood National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park (we just did a stop over here but want to go back and explore)
Saguaro National Park
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Yellowstone National Park (if you have not been here it is a must see we have been there about 6 times it is just amazing) **
Zion National Park (spectacular scenery and hiking)*

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote