View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 10:19 AM   #8
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Just Picked Up My 1st TM and Have Toilet Quest

Well, you can always use a portable storage tank like a Blue tote which comes in a variety of sizes.

If you wanted to put a big one in the back of a pick-up you can pump it from the sewer line into a tank even up hill.  ITT just came out with the Flojet Portable RV Waste Pump.  It is so new it isn't even on their website yet.    It connects directly to the 3 inch waste.  It has a 6 foot cord with switch.  It has a garden hose adapter with valve for washing the system out.  It is a macerator pump so particles are cut up small enough to pump through the outlet garden hose to anywhere you want it to go.  It connects to a 12 volt source.  You could make some connection on the Trailmanor or use a portable PowerPack like they make for emergency starter power supply.  Also comes in a plastic case.  It is a little pricey ($250 retail), but I think it would be easier and cheaper than having a new black water tank put in.  

I do a lot of dry camping with a water source and restrooms, but no hook-ups.  I just bought this pump from a Marine dealer in Newport Beach, CA.  (800) 747-3014, Part Number 18555-000A for about $275 with tax and shipping.

Call Flojet for more info plus a picture (800) 235-6538, x311 Eric.

Bob W.
BobWilson is offline   Reply With Quote