View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Bigbit

Brulaz,

Very interesting mod. I assume you have the original Elkmont 24' layout and not the bunkhouse model? I wonder if having the bunkhouse model with it's toilet in a different location would have an effect on the ability to do this, or on the model of holding tank used...

I'm OK with the small tank as we always go to campgrounds with full hookups. However, I'm a big guy and I'm not a fan of the Aqua-Magic V; it reminds me of the tiny toilets on airplanes. Without going into details, I'm just not that comfortable on it. I had thought about installing a standard-sized RV toilet like the SeaLand (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...s-toilets/4463) toilet, but took some quick measurements and realized that the ring was too close to the rear wall of the bathroom and a bigger toilet would not easily fit.

Now that you've got experience with the Elkmont's black water tank, how easy do you think it would be to move the existing tank and ring 3 or 4" back toward the rear to allow more room to install the bigger toilet?