View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #12
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
If you decide to try using the auto battery for the fridge, many people have found they had to upgrade the TV wiring. Then, if you stop for awhile (like taking a ferry, lunch, sightseeing etc), you will want to remember to disconnect the trailer bargman or you will drain your TV battery!
TentCamper,
You may very well be right about towing with fridge on LP shortening the burner life. My view is that the little flame is hid behind two partially sealed outside walls, recessed in and behind a louver and inside a protected steel cover...But...I guess anything is possible. In 285k miles of RVing, I have never had a burner failure. I will have another 8k mile trip coming up in the fall...so I may have to do a before and after inspection.

Larry,
You have given me food for though regarding the 12 volt side of things. For some reason, I think my Lexus power lead for the trailer is only hot when the engine is running. I will double check that. Also, I have no idea of the size wire and capacity of the factory installed power lead for the trailer. I doubt it is 10 gauge or larger. Honestly I have never even checked to see if I have a voltage drop on the trailer battery when connected to the Lexus and fridge running on the 12 volt heater. I may add that to my to-do list.