View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #63
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecicon View Post
Our local schools are keeping the "children" in school so they don't hurt their little eyes looking at the eclipse.

Why not have the parents buy a pair of glasses with a permission slip and send them outside to show them the eclipse?

Use this experience to learn about the solar system, have working models out so they can understand this phenomenon.

And yet, we wonder what's wrong with education.
Same thing going on in the Middle GA area too. It's right during the afternoon dismal times with kids being outside waiting on buses and pickup, etc. Seems like a better idea to just dismiss everyone by noon.

Anyway, we are headed to Aiken State Park, east of Aiken, SC this weekend. Mainly for a mini family get together as my brother is coming over from Memphis, but will stick around Monday too. If anyone is in that area and spots a well used 3023, give us a shout.

I like the no camera suggestions above. No need to view it for me I know what an eclipse looks like and there will be millions of photos available so no need to try that either. I heard a good suggestion instead to photo the landscapes and scenery with the changing shadows and lighting effects that will occur during the period.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote