Thread: new trailer
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
madjan

Default new trailer

we picked up our elkmont monday at texasrv in cleburne.. after a thorough walk thru.. btw we went with the wd hitch.. its not as difficult as i'd imagined. we stayed the night at cleburne state park.. tried out all the new gizmos and gadgets... had a wonderful time but who knew there were so many accessories!!! hahaha after setting up the trailer we headed to camping world.. yeppers.. lots of accessories!! it was in the 40's monday night but we stayed plenty warm.. i checked outside the trailer for noise level.. our tv was up pretty loud.. i couldn't hear it at all outside the trailer.

our toyota fj pulls the trailer very well.. even against a 35 mph wind coming home yesterday.. the last 90 or so of 308 miles.. at an average of 60-65 mph..

only bad thing was that my breakcontroller wouldn't work.. it would only show 0.0 meaning to me that it wasn't sending any voltage. i'll be working on that before our first trip to the mountains.. but.. the fj having disk breaks front and back didn't seem over taxed to stop the trailer.. and we were on flat land all the way home..

also.. we hauled the trailer on I20.. no problems.. but we did get passed alot!