View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Bill in answer to your question about speed. Like you said the grades on the Cog are between 6 to 8% also and some of the uphill runs between 2 to 3 miles. Speed would drop off a bit to between 55 to 60 mph, engine speed about 4000+ rpm. I travel no faster than 105 km per hour (65 mph) as recommended by tire manufacturer. Engine temp reached 112C, oil temp about same, transmission 117 C, oil pressure 77 psi. Cruise set at 105 kph. The 2017 GC has a great gauge readout system on the centre screen and can be accessed also on my screen in front of me.

As you probably remember I had a 2013 GC with the same engine as my 2017 has now. The big difference is the transmission, 5 speed compared to a 8 speed. The 2013 would drop speed quickly and drop gears to 3 if I let it. The engine speed getting close to 5000 rpm. The new TV having that 8 speed tranny does shift down but you hardly notice it , to 5th or 6th gear, but it keeps the torque curve right up there giving you that extra get up and go. I even keep it in cruise as the computer seems to handle things better than my foot can and if necessary I drop the cruise setting to 95 kph . They, Chrysler, upgraded to tow capacity from 5000 lbs to 6200 lbs in the new TV. Hope this gives you a good insight Bill.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote