View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
sgtfrg

We won't have a chance to go through it properly until we pick it up when we go out to my in laws in July. The run down of what we have had looked at is the walls still seem to be solid. There is a slight amount of rust under it from being in a beach town, but not enough to worry over, wire brush and paint will fix it right up. The tires are shot, needs greased. The fridge was just listed and not working, and the furnace as "needs some work." I'm not overly concerned about the fridge as it's the same brand as in our motorhome and they can be a little fussy.

For now our biggest focus will be rounding up tires to get it on the road. They are still 13's. I hate the thought of having to spend money on 13's to get it home, just to turn around and buy more to lift and upgrade to a larger size. I am curious if we can get away with a 14, so that we only buy one set of tires and then once back home in MO add the lift. Anyone know if the square wheel well is large enough to handle the 14 without changes? We've got roughly 1000 miles to get it home.

B_and_D, I would really appreciate a chance to see the brochure. I'm finding it's pretty tough to find much in the way of anything on the older models, but hear they stayed pretty similar for years at a time.

Thanks so much for the replies,
Ed and Missy