View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Cheri posted
Quote:
The lights that are not working are the tail lights that go on when the head lights are on. The brakes and signals are fine and the running lights on the upper edges of the shells are fine.
Cheri -

That's a handy answer. The tail light assemblies are big and easy to get into, and easy to follow the wires around. The diagram for my newer TM shows that the ground wire is probably white, and each taillight assembly is grounded within the individual assembly. Since you have two lights out, maybe a bad ground is not the right answer. I was assuming they both ran through a single ground - still worth checking.

My diagram also shows that the running light wire is green, so that is the one to check. And it shows that all the running lights (both the ones in the taillight assemblies and the ones on the upper edges of the body) are daisy-chained onto one wire which comes back from the front end of the trailer. Assuming that is literally true (and assuming it was true in your TM), then the fact that you have working body lights on the rear of the trailer means that the problem is not behind the refrig. That was a good tip, but I don't think it was right in this case.

Let us know - it is good info for future queries.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote