View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Purely speculation, but I don't know that you will ever find a new 2518, or any new TM. Unfortunately, I have not seen mention of a new TM being delivered to a customer for a long time.

But, since prices for the 2417 were about $2,000 less than a 2720 when they were producing both, and assuming the 2518 may be priced a bit higher than a 2417, and assuming a little increase in pricing from 2015, I would project a dealer sticker price of a 2518KD with normal options to be about $29,000. However, since there are none that I found online, they may not even exist to purchase. I only found 2 new 2720s online, and they were $29,000+, and old model years.

But, I have a 2014 2417KD. So, to answer some of your questions:

Yes, they sleep 2 adults in the king bed, and the dinette can accommodate one adult 5' 10" or less, or two kids under 14 years old, roughly. I also bought a cot, and put it up at bedtime for the two nights a year when I have four adults sleeping in it, for opening weekend of pheasant season. Tight, but there is still space to brush teeth, etc.

Without the cot, and with the dinette as a dinette, DW and I feel we have plenty of room. I can be preparing a meal (I cook outside on a separate stove, to keep grease off the inside), and DW can move around. We have the 3-drawer dresser, and hanging cabinet, so with the kitchen drawers, under-sink storage, and under-bench storage, there is good storage room inside. Plus, we have a large storage compartment accessible from the outside, so we put our canopy, camp chairs, grill, tables, etc. in the back end.

We find no problem not having a bathroom sink or cabinet, as it is quite simple to use the sink and keep toiletries handy outside the bathroom. Showers are not a problem, either. I just dry the shower curtain and floor when I am done, and we can then use the toilet without getting wet feet. I especially like the cassette toilet, as I can empty that into any toilet/vault toilet, without going to a dump station.

Parking or getting gas is not much different than without the TM connected. In grocery store parking lots, I just pull through one spot, and park in both when the parking spaces are head-in to one another. I can park on the edge of parking lots if we want to run into a restaurant while on the road. Towing at 18' tongue to bumper is likely easier than a 24' trailer when it comes to stopping along the way.

It does not appear that you are a member of this site ($12/yr), so I can't send you a private message. If you can send me a private message, please do so, with an email address.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote