Thread: Air Conditioner
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Air Conditioner

Well, now, wait a minute.  Let's not paint this situation blacker than it has to be.

Re torsion bars - yes, something has to change, to lift the extra weight.  But are we talking about ADJUSTMENT of the existing bars, or REPLACEMENT with new bars?  This board had a wonderful thread on adjusting the torsion bars - sounded pretty straightforward.  A call to the factory would be a good idea.  Reminder - Happy Trails has had good luck getting LOTS of detailed help from the factory.  They are good folks.

Yes, a wire would have to be run across the top of the roof from the lift arm to the new A/C.  Not pretty, no denying it, but still, if it gives you a real good A/C ...  And the top of the roof is pretty much out of sight ...

I'm not sure we should dismiss this idea out of hand.  To me, the big issue would be the strength of the roof, a concern expressed in an earlier post.  But many people have reported being able to climb up on their roofs to clean it or caulk it, and an A/C unit weighs a lot less than I do!  Again, a call to the factory would be in order.

Don't give up!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote