View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
coulter

We are now on our second season with our TM, and LOVE it! We had spent the last several years camping in a nice pop-up and if you liked pop-up camping you will absolutely think you're in a Hilton in a TM. We have owned a relatively large TT, which I hated towing and parking, went to tents then the pop-up.
We also have close family members with a hi-lo, so I was able to really do some personal research when we were looking for something easy to pull, but with more convenience than the pop-up. I really like the way the TM expands when set up, there's much more space in there than it seems like when towing, that was one thing we liked about the pop-up, Hi-lo's don't have those large pull out beds, tend to be heavier, and over all the value for price was less IMO.
All RV's have maintenance issues that have to be tended to, but I haven't found the TM has any more issues than any of the rv's I have owned in the past. We've taken it down some pretty rough, dusty roads and haven't experienced any problems with things shaking apart.
I camp often without my DH, with just my daughter and young son, and it's very easy and fast to set up, then we are have the security of hard-sides, a full bath, and all the conveniences of home.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a TM to anyone, I think they are one of the better built rv's out there.
I think we will be camping in TM's for a long time to come.