View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
mtnguy

I have never owned a Hi-Lo, have only been through a couple at RV shows, and they look really nice, but the TM is for me.

By my understanding, the Hi-Lo's are quite a bit heavier than the equalvalent TM. Hi-Lo's are 8' wide vs. 7'6" for the TM......that means a lot to me with a tractor trailer on either side of me in city traffic. I don't think the Hi-Lo's have a hard sided bathroom. I think you have to open the outside doors seperately. The 1s I looked at, you had to take down a table to make up your bed at nite.....I like the permanent bed.

On the positive side.....pushing a button on the Hi-Lo has to easier than raising the shells on the TM. It only takes me about 2 minutes to raise it, slide the beds out and secure the outside corners. But the inside work takes another coupe of minutes.....lowering the flaps, putting up the cabinet and extra drawer shelf, putting the bathroom walls up and wardrobe into place, and locking in the beds. None of that is a big deal or heavy work. But I understand you can raise the Hi-Lo in a minute or so, and everything is ready to go.

Check out http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5437.
This couple sold their TM and bought a Hi-Lo.

Have fun checking out both makes, and many models.

Chap