View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I got to see one today and we liked it...even through we had just finished looking at a Bounder 40 ft motor home. The Elkmont does seem to have a lot of storage room. There were certain things we loved about it:

The trailer tongue seems HUGE to us and we love the expanded metal on it behind the propane tanks! We stood there discussing what we would use that space for.

We like the storage on the outside on the front of the camper.

We loved the way the bed mattress rests on the TM aluminum/styro-foam/aluminum sandwich....sure beats the 1/4 inch plywood that was in the Keystone Outback we previously owned.

We like the storage under the bed and that the gas lifters were already installed.

We like the cabinets. I liked the one I had been wanting to see...tried to take a picture but could not get far enough back to do it justice.

We like the seating for the dinette.

We like the bathroom.

I like the shower and liked that there is good caulking in it.

We like the color scheme.

I am not crazy about carpet in a camper for our personal use but like the carpet style/type around the bed.

We liked the LED tail lights and aluminum wheels.

The fridge is nice.

Other notes:

We thought the air conditioner would be just as noisy.

I thought the cabinets in the bathroom looked deeper in photos then in person.

I think we would eliminate the dining table and pack t.v. type trays.

For now we are very happy with out 3124KS but could see this as a possibility some years from now.

We ran into a LOT of people that we know at the show and met some really nice people too. Seemed like a low turnout but it was just the first day of the show. All of the local dealers were present and some others had traveled a bit for the show.

All we bought were two bottles of water.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote