View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
arjackson

As far as gear, we pack very light for traveling. We often get by with one carry-on for the both of us when flying, and tent camping gear fits in our 96 Toyota Corolla wagon. The biggest thing for us is food since I may not be able to find something I can eat at a small town store (food allergies). It's just the two of us and maybe a small dog.

We would not be camping out in the wilds, I can't do real ambitious hikes anymore. We tend to camp in state parks and national parks a lot, where they often have water and dump sites available, and then do day trips to other places from a base camp. But I'm sure there would be some occasions where we would need to travel with water or full gray tanks.

We live at about 1500 feet and tend to go to the coast or up into the Sierras, so yes there will be some high elevations involved. My husband will qualify for a sabbatical in a few years and we'd definitely be using the trailer more widely then.

The seller said it was towed with a 6 cyl. Trailblazer, but when I did a search it looked like the TB's tow capacity was 6100 instead of our 5000?