View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I sounds like Bill does almost the same as I do with the tm ending partially behind the door pillar and I have to do the same thing, jogging it back to the left before I hookup and drag her out of the garage. With two people you can easily push the tm further back but gets a little heavy by yourself. That is why (being by myself ) I sometimes leave one wheel completely blocked and remove the chock from behind the other wheel and them push the towhitch over sideways, re-chock and repeat the procedure on the other wheel thereby slowly, about
6 inches at a time moving the tm backwards.

Bill, using a small cone or a orange or yellow plastic chock standing on end at your paint marking should allow you to see it in your mirror as to where the tire should end up.

Anyways good luck like Bill said.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote